Rhythm Kids 11 week fall semester featuring the HIPPO Collection includes book, CD, and downloads.
If your family has children registered for both spring Mixed Ages AND Rhythm Kids simultaneously we have a coupon code to offer you! Contact Leslie at email@example.com for the code. We love having your family at Soulshine Arts!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–6). Parent/caregiver participation is encouraged but not required. Feel free to reach out to Center Director Leslie Pratt by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your child's readiness to participate independently. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
make up their own drumming patterns
invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
create movement ideas for songs
even take a drum solo!
Your child will:
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
- Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
- Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). Parent participation is welcome but not required. Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- learn multicultural drumming patterns;
- develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
- explore movement and dance while singing songs;
- play games based on music and drumming;
- have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
- Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico,
- Turkey, etc.)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!