ALL CLASSES, Live 7 days/wk
|Mon - Sun Anytime
||Mar 23, 2020
||Michelle, Christine, Michele, Leslie & Gina!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–6). Parent/caregiver participation is encouraged but not required. Feel free to reach out to Center Director Leslie Pratt by emailing email@example.com to discuss your child's readiness to participate independently. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
make up their own drumming patterns
invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
create movement ideas for songs
even take a drum solo!
Your child will:
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
- Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
- Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). Parent participation is welcome but not required. Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- learn multicultural drumming patterns;
- develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
- explore movement and dance while singing songs;
- play games based on music and drumming;
- have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
- Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico,
- Turkey, etc.)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!